Last week I set up VMware Horizon View 6 with View Composer etc and ran into an issue with setting up a proper ODBC connection for View Composer.
In my case, I used Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and used Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to set up a new user for my Horizon View DB.
Let’s go through the steps to get everything set up:
- Login to your Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Navigate to Security -> Logins and right-click on it
- Select New Login
- Under General fill the user details
- Under User Mapping, map your new user to your Horizon View DB
- Next, let’s open Data Sources (ODBC) and go through the setup of a new ODBC connection.
The images below, will you walk through the process
That’s all. Just use the name of your ODBC data source during the Horizon View Composer set up and you should be all set.