After covering the NetShelf setup in Datrium DVX 101 – NetShelf Setup a few weeks back, it is time to cover the host setup.
In order to add an ESXi host to a Datrium DVX, it has to meet the following requirements:
- ESXi 5.5 U2 or later
- Minimum of 2 cores for the Datrium Hyperdriver
- Minimum of 7.5 GiB memory for the Datrium Hyperdriver
- ~2.5 GiB memory for each additional terabyte of flash
- At least one 800 GB SSD or 2x 400 GB SSDs
The actual process of adding a host to the Datrium DVX is easy and only a few mouse-clicks away.
- Open the Datrium GUI within the vSphere Web-Client
- Browse to Hosts and Clusters and select the host you would like to set up
- Go to Monitor -> Datrium DVX and hit Install
- Once the Hyperdriver has been installed, you need to select your SSDs and click on Configure host to finish the setup
- After the successful configuration of the SSDs and the mounting of the DVX datastore, the main GUI is going to load and you can start to use your new host