Today, VMware finally announces vSphere 6.5 to be GA.
vSphere 6.5 Release notes
What’s New in VMware vSphere 6.5
vSphere 6.5 Highlights
VMware vCenter Server 6.5
- Simple migration from Windows vCenter 5.5 and 6.0 to VCSA 6.5.
- vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface (port 5480) provides now a simple interface to monitor the vCenter database.
- Native vCenter High Availability solution. Spin up a vCenter HA cluster with two notes, one active and one passive.
- The C# client has finally been retired. The new default is the vSphere HTML5 Client and the vSphere Web Client.
- The vSphere Web Client is accessible via https://vcenter/vsphere-client
- The vSphere Client is accessible via https://vcenter/ui
VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.4
- Enhanced UI.
- Dashboard now focuses on Key Performance Indicators.
- VM encryption and encrypted vMotion is now available.
- Host Web Client is now the default to connect to ESXi https:///ui/
This came out of https://labs.vmware.com/flings/esxi-embedded-host-client
- Network-Aware vSphere DRS
- VMware vSphere Integrated Containers is build in by default
- Automated UNMAP for block storage solutions
By the time I was done with writing this post, the installation of ESXi 6.5 was done as well.