In Part 1 – vCloud Air OnDemand – Special Promo, I have covered the registration process and a special promo code which gives you $500 instead of $300.
This part will cover the installation of your first Virtual Machine with VMware vCloud Air OnDemand.
Get your first VM installed in just 9 steps:
- Login to https://vca.vmware.com
- Select Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand.
- Select where you would like to host your first VM.
Currently Australia, Germany, UK and US are available locations.
- Once you’ve selected your location, vCloud Air will set-up a virtual data center, gateway and a routed network. This will take a few minutes.
- Click on Create your first virtual machine.
- Select a VM template or create the VM from scratch. In this article, I have chosen a Ubuntu Server template.
- Next, set the hardware settings for your VM and see the costs per day or per months for it.
SSD-Accelerated storage is double the price of the Standard storage.
- After the VM has been created, it will automatically be powered-on.
- Click on the VM name and open the remote console.
That’s it with Part 2 of my vCloud Air OnDemand series..
Note: Do not forget to use promo code “Influencer2015” for a free $500 instead of $300. This promo code works only for new vCloud Air users.